The Rosny College Library
Please go to the Rosny College Library Intranet page (link on the Student Intranet page) to access the library resources mentioned below.
Rosny College teacher-librarians assist students to access, critically evaluate and use ideas and information.
They work closely with subject teachers to develop students' skills and understanding in:
formal referencing using APA, Harvard, Chicago and MLA referencing styles
- the importance of academic integrity
- using Turnitin (the on-line plagiarism detection tool) with pre-tertiary classes
- the effective use of the intranet and internet for research
- using our on-line databases such as Ebsco and Echo and Rosny College Talis and the state-wide Libraries Tasmania catalogue
- accessing UTAS library resources through the Step Up Program (available to students and staff)
- file management, email and using ClickView (our digital video streaming system)
The Rosny College library has:
- An extensive print and non-print collection of over 32,000 items
- The intranet provides 24/7 access to on-line resources
- 46 networked computers and 48 wireless laptops for student use.
- A catalogue which is part of the Tasmania-wide TALIS network and lists all Rosny College resources and those of other Tasmanian library collections.Top of FormBottom of Form
The student ID card allows students to borrow up to fifteen items at a time. This is currently subject to Covid 19 guidelines.
The loan period is three weeks.
A one-day-loan period exists for items in high demand.
Contacting Rosny College Library
Our opening hours: Monday-Friday 8:15am-3:45pm
Telephone: (03) 6244 9248